Walls Republic University Commercial
HOW’S IT HANGING: COMMERCIAL WALLPAPER INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
Our commercial products are a heavier material and are supplied at a larger scale; we suggest using a professional installer for Commercial applications.
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
If you’re as excited about your wallpaper as we are, preparation might seem like a drag, but set yourself up properly in the beginning, and you will roll through the stages with ease.
- Pre-mixed wall covering paste: medium - heavy weight to accommodate the vinyl wall mural
- Wallpaper smoother
- Straight edge for accurate trimming
- Knife for trimming (exacto-knife preferred, its sharp blades can be easily refreshed for accuracy)
- Pasting brush or foam roller
- Warm clean water and a sponge to remove excess paste
FIRST THING’S FIRST: PREPPING YOUR WALL
- Before applying your wall covering, make sure the intended wall is smooth, solid and dry. For best application, the wall should have a uniform, white colour.
- Remove old wall coverings, old or chipped paint. Wash off dirt, grease or stains and rinse with clean warm water.
- On new walls; the dry wall joints must be taped, bedded and sanded
- To achieve optimum smoothness; fill in any cracks or holes. Allow filler to dry than sand until surface is smooth.
- Priming the wall will create the ideal surface for installation.
- Verify that wall moisture content does not exceed 4% - do this by using a moisture meter
- If mold or mildew is present, or if the wall exceeds recommendations, do not proceed with installation until the condition has been fully corrected by a qualified expert.
- Before hanging, make sure you have the right pattern, colour and number of rolls or Linear Yards of product. Make sure all quantities are from the same “batch number”.
INSTALLATION FOR COMMERCIAL WALL COVERINGS
- Use a plump-line or Level to mark a straight line with a pencil to use as a reference line for installation
- Do not start in the seam of a corner, but approximately 1” overlap onto the adjoining wall.
- Apply a generous amount of paste onto the wall with a paste brush or foam roller, start hanging the wall covering in reference to your leveled line.
- Cut the inside corner with your straight edge and exacto knife.
- Remove the excess wall covering before applying the next drop.
- Use your wallpaper smoother in a vertical direction to eliminate air bubbles and imperfections from under the wall covering.
- Overlap the next drop by 1” and smooth with your wallpaper smoother in a vertical direction.
- Use your straight edge and exacto-knife to cut through both layers of material.
- Remove the excess material from underneath and above, than re paste and smooth the edges to form a seamless joint.
- *If you are installing Non-Woven Commercial Wall Coverings bear in mind, you will NOT overlap the drops.
- When installing, butt each drop immediately adjacent to the previous, so they touch and form their own seam.
- Check the material after hanging 3 drops, if there are any questions of appearance, please stop and contact us.
- Continue this process for the remainder of the intended space.
- Use your straight edge and exacto-knife, cut along the ceiling, the baseboards, and cut along the seams of the inner corners of the walls.
- Remove excess material that was trimmed, and re smooth your wall covering to make a seamless joint.
- Change your knife blade often to ensure clean, crisp cuts.
- Remove excess paste with warm, clean water and a natural sponge. Do not wait until it dries, this may damage the face of the wall covering
- Dry with a clean towel.