Posted on August 09 2017
Making a few changes to the way the interior of your home looks is certainly something that many people like to do whether you're an interior design veteran or a new homeowner just starting out. It's become easier to participate in design projects yourself, even if you're just starting out!
Updating your home's look can seem like a daunting task ("Where do I start? What do I do next? What do I need to remember?"), but it's actually a lot of fun because being in charge of choosing exactly what your space looks like can be quite empowering. You're in completely control of the overall design and, of course, the budget. From great budget-friendly looks to high-end designs, wallpaper not only comes in a variety of designs but prices as well. It's important to keep this in mind when searching for your perfect wallpaper. With online shopping, you can quickly compare different wallpaper patterns and their associated prices. Quite convenient, wouldn't you say?
Minimizing The Risk of Shopping Online
Online shopping, particularly for home decor products such as wallpaper, can seem a bit risky since you're not getting a "hand's on" look of the product. However, e-shops such as Walls Republic offer unique services that are user-friendly. For example, ordering free samples allow you to have a small physical piece of the actual product. This is great since you can see how the piece looks on your walls and how it interacts with your current space's design. Some wallpapers styles, such as grasscloth, are also heavily textured so having the actual sample in your hands can also give a better indication of the product. When shopping for wallpaper online, look for sites that offer additional services such as this since it'll give you peace of mind.
Buying wallpaper online: our tips and tricks
Here are some quick tips and tricks for you when buying wallpaper online:
- See a pattern you're interested in? Be sure to explore its additional options! The majority of wallpaper patterns you see will come in a variety of different colors, some of which may be a better fit for your interior space. For example, take a look at the Marbled Jewel pattern above. This gorgeous faux finish wallpaper is shown in an elegant orange and taupe color scheme, but did you know it also comes in a vibrant teal and orange version? Or a more neutral white and grey? Be sure to look at all of your options.
- Open up a Word document and jot down some notes of what design style you want to create. Are you looking for wallpaper that's more traditional and classic? Or are you thinking of more contemporary or modern looks? Are you focussing on purchasing a specific wallpaper style such as damask or geometric? Or is color more important to you? By creating and keeping your own "style guide," this will help your online shopping go much more smoothly. You'll be able to stay on track and double down on the specific products you want.
- Understand the limitations of online shopping. While online shopping offers unparalleled convenience and efficiency, do keep in mind that there are some limitations as well. Color may not exactly translate well on a digital screen, especially when showcasing wallpaper colors. Thus, it's extremely important to narrow down your list of wallpaper products you're interested in and order free samples.
- Have a question? Ask away! This is particularly important if it's your first time purchasing products online or just wallpaper in general. Online wallpaper stores always have contact links that list their phone number and email address. Take advantage of this and start a conversation with the sales staff. They're there to help you, after all!
- Enjoy your online wallpaper shopping experience. Interior decorating is all about expressing yourself so have fun with it! Look at as many different wallpaper products as you can until you're sure you've found one that suits your interests and needs.
When it comes to shopping for wall decor online, it's clear there are plenty of great options available to you and in most cases, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to get your hands on wallpaper designs that fit your home. Bold geometric designs that are cutting edge, dramatic floral patterns, and rustic brick styles - the world of wallpaper is ready for you!